LUTHERAN CHURCH OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD
The Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Los Angeles is part of the Southwest California Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA). It was organized on May 04, 1932, and purchased the current site on August 09, 1933. The historical sanctuary was designed by architect, John H. Fleming in the likeness of a California mission.
Good Shepherd has a rich history in Highland Park with many contributions to both local and global Christian communities, including its biggest ministry, Good Shepherd Lutheran School. In addition to Sunday worship, the growing Good Shepherd family continues to offer first communion and confirmation classes, adult bible study, and a weekly potluck fellowship. The small, growing community welcomes everyone to learn, love and live the word of God.
The congregation at Good Shepherd celebrated its 85th anniversary in 2018 and invites you to join in Sunday worship service at 10:00 am! All are welcome!
Pastor Jennifer Burgos
Jennifer Burgos is the pastor of the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd. Pastor Jen strives to provide Christ-centered guidance to school leadership and the students of Good Shepherd through her monthly chapel talks and School Sundays. Pastor Jen is available to all Good Shepherd families and the extended community, if they find themselves in need of pastoral care during a difficult time or services of celebration such as Baptism, First Communion, or weddings! Pastor Jen completed her Masters of Divinity with a concentration in Youth and Family Ministry in 2009 at Luther Seminary and earned Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) License in August 2020. The MFT license allows her to deepen her call to walk with people in all phases of their lives.
Mrs. Pat Friar
Pat Friar has been a member of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church since childhood, and currently serves as liaison on both the church council and school board. She received her Bachelor's degree and California teaching credential in 1965 from California State University, Los Angeles (CSULA) and a Master of Arts degree in Instructional Technology in 1980. Mrs. Friar served as Principal at Good Shepherd Lutheran School for ten years, and continues to teach music into "retirement." When not serving the church and school, Mrs. Friar enjoys traveling the world singing in her choir.